How to use "My Book Home" 500gb as an DVR external drive

I want to add my “My Book Home” 500gb as an DVR external drive. Can anyone help or tell me if it is possible?

It is Possible , however that drive was not designed to be used as a DVR expander …

However it should work if you connect it to your DVR :)…

I have connected it but it does not find or recognize it. Any ideas?

Sure :slight_smile:

1- Do you have a windows computer where you can reformat the drive ? If so then , thats something that you could do ,

Connect the drive to your computer , reformat it and the connect the my book back into your dvr

2 - Try this before that ,

Turn Off the DVR   , Connect the my book to the DVR , and then Turn on the DVR , Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Gabthemonster wrote:

Sure :slight_smile:

1- Do you have a windows computer where you can reformat the drive ? If so then , thats something that you could do ,

Connect the drive to your computer , reformat it and the connect the my book back into your dvr

2 - Try this before that ,

Turn Off the DVR   , Connect the my book to the DVR , and then Turn on the DVR , Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanx, I’ll try that.

PROBLEM IS THAT DVR EXPANDER ONLY RECOGNIZES DRIVES FORMATTED FAT32. YOUR DRIVE IS FORMATTED NTFS, SO IN ORDER FOR YOU TO PARTITION AND FORMAT THIS DRIVE FOR FAT-32 YOU WILL NEED OR A MAC COMPUTER RUNNING AT LEAST LEOPARD 10.5 OR USE ANY UTILITY THAT YOU CAN FINE ONLINE THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO PARTITION THIS DRIVE FAT32 ON A WINDOWS COMPUTER.

HOWEVER AFTER YOU CONNECT THE DRIVE FORMATTED FAT32 ON YOUR DVR IT WILL FORMAT IT AGAIN IN ORDER TO TEST THE DRIVE.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE ARE PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED TO WORK WITH THIS TYPE OF PRODUCTS, FOR EXAMPLE THE MY BOOK AV DVR EXPANDER.

I agree with Rodiblemac :slight_smile: