How to transfert files to usb keydrive from win 7

Hi,

I’ve plugged an usb keydrive to my wd live streaming but to my surprise i can’t transfert files to it from windows 7. it always says that my network is not available. the thing is that i can see my kingston drive in explorer.

anyne got an idea why i can’t transfert files to it?

Thank you very much

psy65 wrote:

Hi,

I’ve plugged an usb keydrive to my wd live streaming but to my surprise i can’t transfert files to it from windows 7. it always says that my network is not available. the thing is that i can see my kingston drive in explorer.

anyne got an idea why i can’t transfert files to it?

Thank you very much

Have you set the files in Win 7 to be shared?

Cheers

He is trying to copy from windows to the device, the folder only should need to be shared if he was trying to browse the windows machine from the device. 

Have you used the wd link app to connect to the drive? Sometimes I can’t connect and find I need to actually power the wd tv live on or something. 

RugerRedhawk wrote:

He is trying to copy from windows to the device, the folder only should need to be shared if he was trying to browse the windows machine from the device. 

Have you used the wd link app to connect to the drive? Sometimes I can’t connect and find I need to actually power the wd tv live on or something. 

Yes i tried the WD link program unfortunatly it still doesn’t work. I have no clue what to try next. there must be  very simple solutin to this problem but i definatly don’t see it. now the messge i get is: make sure you are connected to the network and try again. I know i’m connected to the network because i can my my usb drive connected to the wd live stremaing.

I also tried transfering files when the unit is on but it didn’t help at all.Any other idea?

thank you

I think i found my problem.

I formated my usb drive to ntfs and it worked right away. I don’t know if some other setting is involved but formating the drive worked.

I hope i can help someone with this