How to sync two MyCloud at different locations?

I would like to know if a new hardware model of MyCloud has been released ‘on the quiet’, and, in particular, if it has any improvements in hardware performance (e.g. processor speed, memory).

It appears from this thread:

that there is indeed a ‘Gen 2’ device in stores, even though no official announcement has been made. The packaging is different, the part number is different, and it is running a different version of firmware; it lloks to be somewhere between the Mirror and the Japanese WD Cloud product, judging by the Dashboard images.

When I suggested that Joerg_A (your European Technical Marketing Manager) didn’t know of the release of such a ‘Gen 2’ product, he said he was aware. So, there is some acknowledgement from WD that this new product exists.

The problem for us unpaid support staff is that if someone buys a new ‘Gen 2’ MyCloud, and comes here and asks questions, we’re going to assume it’s a V4 firmware build, and give advice accordingly. If the firmware is different, that advice may, at best, be useless, and, at worst, danagerous, resulting in bricking of the device. Your paid Support staff might also have this problem, although at least they may have the means to remotely connect to the device, or have access to the diagnostic reports that us unpaid support won’t have…

Whilst I can see that you might want to be a bit cagey about announcing a new hardware platform MyCloud, running a different OS, in order to allow retailers to clear exisating stock without having to discount it, I suggest that you will eventually have to provide some proper support for any new device: a new forum, a new manual, a new firmware upgrade repository. Because if you don’t, things are going to get very confusing for your customers, us unpaid support, and your WD Support. Or is that what WD want…?