How to switch movie source on a ISO file or a BR Ripped Folder?

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have alot of 3D movies that are in this format but they always play 2D by default and i cannot seem to be able to switch the video file…

Is this possible?

**bleep** WD you are making it hard :frowning:

Thanks

The hub doesn’t support playing movies in 3D, so you’ll have to watch them in 2D or play those movies on a 3D capable player.

What are you saying? I have alot of 3D movies on the device and i watch them without problems. Its a movie like any other but with side by side images, so whats the big deal? I just need to switch the movie source like u do on BR discs. Is it possible? By the way, what is the processor and memory present in this device? Thanks

You’ve got yourself sorely confused.

SIDE-BY-SIDE is NOT 3D.    

Any Side-by-Side or Top-and-Bottom material is just a plain-jane vanilla video stream.   ANY player can play such material (as long as it complies with the specs for its own container, and I’ve see a bunch that DO NOT.)

What makes it 3D is your TV.   Your TV is responsible for taking each frame, cutting it in half, then overlapping them in an interleaved fashion.  

So, as the other poster said, NO, you cannot watch a 3D Blu-Ray ISO on the WD in 3D mode, nor can you expect the WD to turn a 3D blu-ray into a Side-By-Side stream.

Why should i not?

Its easy to understand 3D is take care on the TV itself, that is pretty basic, but isnt the 3D stream Side by Side or Top Bottom like u said?

If i have an ISO with multiple videos i cannot switch between them (3D or not) that is the problem… so why should i not expect it to work?

The same to BR rip folders…

WD Live Hub is not capable of taking care of that? Hardware is not capable of so?

Maybe i should consider switch to a more powerful platform :frowning:

No.   3D Blue-Rays are “Frame Packed.”   3D BD movies have TWICE the number of frames as a 2D blu-ray stream.

A 23.97fps movie, in 3D, is actually 47.94 fps, and every frame is FULL RESOLUTION.

In Side-By-Side / Top-and-Bottom, it’s STILL 23.97fps, and each frame is HALF-RESOLUTION.

Now, as to why you can’t select different content, that’s a whole other thing that has nothing to do with 3D.   The WDTVs do not support the menu structure of BluRay disks.  They can only play the individual stream files.

But even if it DID work, you STILL wouldn’t be able to select the “3D Version” of the film and watch it in 3D.   

1 Like

djpirra wrote:

Why should i not?

Its easy to understand 3D is take care on the TV itself, that is pretty basic, but isnt the 3D stream Side by Side or Top Bottom like u said?

Hi there, I think you’ll find the Wikipedia 3D film article and definition quite helpful… And enlightening.

Ok thank you all for the information. I will be waiting for the option to switch movie in a BR menu.

By the way, any device that can do this type of operations? Without being a PC or Laptop of course.

djpirra wrote:
By the way, any device that can do this type of operations? Without being a PC or Laptop of course.

I’ve heard that the NetGear NEO will do it…