How to setup scheduled reboots for EX4?

Good afternoon,
First off my sincere apologies if this has already been covered. I have spent two hours researching this within this forums and the Internet and I have not been able to find an answer (not even the beginning of one).

I implemented an EX4 at a customer site and they are complaining that “after 8-10 days the nas gets very slow.” I wanted to see if a simple weekly reboot of the device would fix this issue for them. I noticed that after we reboot the device everything runs great for 8-10 days. Then sluggish and reboot. I have looked all over the UI to see if I can set that up and I have not found it. I see a “power schedule” that would shutdown the device and turn it back on which that could potentially work if I set it up to shutdown say every Saturday night and turn back on Sunday morning but if the client is working late on a Saturday night well, you figure it out.

Does anyone out there have a simple fix for this or a coded schedule that can be used/shared or a solution to this? The unit has the latest firmware on it and everything seems to be optimally working. I did disable some extra features that we are not using (like timemachine and media files db) to make it run perhaps a little smoother.

I appreciate the input.

Best regards,

EB

Hi there,

the unit has a power schedule on which you can set the unit up to shut down for a certain time on a certain day of the week, you should be able to see this on the dashboard under settings, in the general section.

1 Like