How to setup Remote Management on MyNet N750

Hi Everyone; I’m new to this forum. I am trying to setup remote management for a MyNet N750 but with no success for far. I have enabled remote management and it says use port 8080…so I type my WAN IP address and a colon and 8080 and that should get me in after putting my username and password in but it doesn’t… I haven’t set up any port forwarding rules and it says that if I use the default port of 8080 it cannot be used in an external port range of any port forwarding rules…if I were to enable HTTPS what port should I use? I would love to get this feature working as I bought this router a couple years ago and never used it until now and I really like it… any help would be greatly appreciated on how to set up remote management so I can access the GUI while away from home. Thanks!

Hello there,

I have a setup on my network with my modem and my router, on my case if i want to forward a post on my router i would first do it on the modem, then work with the router, however I do not have a Mynet router, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Thanks for the reply. I called WD tech support and was able to get this issue resolved. I’m now able to access my router remotely.

Why don’t you tell the others here how it is done?