How to setup a share for home network only

Hi,

just bought WDMyCloud 3TB. I have an issue with my share configuration. A share can be set to public or not. When I Set it to public it can be accessed by my local network but also by mycloud. I like to configure my share that it only can be accessed by LAN (without password) and not by Mycloud.

Anyone knows a solution?

Thanks in advance!

I assume when you refer to “mycloud” you mean the web sharing service. (In my opinion Western Digital should not have used MyCloud for both a device and a service. It causes confusion.)

In the device dashboard got to the Settings tab and select “General”. Scroll down to “Cloud Access” and set “Cloud Service” to off. I think that is all. Under the Network settings my still shows “Internet access” and I suspect yours will, too. But there is no connection to the WD MyCloud service. I’m pretty sure that, unless you’ve set up port sharing, none of the MyCloud device ports are accessible from the internet. Your device is accessible only on your LAN.

If anything I’ve said is incorrect then I hope somebody corrects me.

I assume when you refer to “mycloud” you mean the web sharing service.

Correct.

In the device dashboard got to the Settings tab and select “General”. Scroll down to “Cloud Access” and set “Cloud Service” to off. I think that is all.

So this means all or nothing. If a share is made public (so LAN users can access it) it’s also visible for web sharing unless you set “Cloud Service” to off. However I want some shares to be used on my LAN and others visible for web sharing service.