How to set up Auto Sync ( back up) in WD MY Cloud 2TB

Hi All

I would like MY Cloud to Auto Backup/Sync certain folders on my PC as and when they get updated. So, say if i download a new movie to my Movies folder (on PC) then WD My Cloud should automatically create a copy of it in Cloud ( under Movies).

Also is it possible to have multiple destination paths for Auto Sync based on type of files?

For ex : English Movies (on PC) should go under English Movies (on Cloud)

English Series (on PC) should go under English Series (on Cloud) etc.

Thanks for your help !!

There are several free commercial solutions to sync files with other disks or shares on Windows. Others are not free, like Syncback SE that I use.

I can see the SmartWare folder in My Cloud but i am not sure on how to use the function to sync files?

You have to download the Smartware software, if you go to the product page, there should be a download link. Its free to use.

1 Like

Reply to: ihots

WD SmartWare should back up everything for you. I already have mine setup for this. I am not sure if it will separate your movies like you want them, it might if you have them in separate shares.

After you get the SmartWare downloaded and setup go to the Help tab and at the bottom click on the Online User Manuals and download the latest version. It will tell you how to sync your backups.

See images below, it should backup all your shares that you want it to. Be sure to choose in each share under the Advanced View what files you want backed up then click Enable Backup, and setup backup frequency.

I hope this helps.

Posted by,

cat0w

Thanks Tynyn, i will try this and will get back with an update.

Thanks cat0w, appreciate your help in this regard.