How to select all items in a single file?

sometimes i wish to re-arrange my file items from 1 file to another file, i have to select the items one by one to cut and paste. Is there any simple way for us to select all items for actions ?

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Is this while using the device over the computer or from the mobile app?

I suspect you are using the WD Desktop or Mobile Apps.

If you’re accessing the MyCloud locally (i.e. at home), then I would thoroughly recommend _ not _ using the Desktop app, but simply map the MyCloud into your computer’s file system, and then use your preferred file manager, just like you would for any disk drive. This can be done with PC or Mac; see p23 of the User Manual.

I’d only recommend using the Desktop or Mobile apps for remote access.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes i’m using Desktop app. Will try to map the MyCloud into my PC file system.

Yes, I’m using desktop app. Will try to map the MyCloud into my PC file system as recommended. That’s mean i can only re-arrange my file easily when I’m home (-.-)?

That’s mean i can only re-arrange my file easily when I’m home (-.-)?

I don’t use the desktop or mobile apps, but I fear that is the case (as you have found). The reason I don’t use them is that I don’t use remote access (security issues), and there’s no need to do anything other than map the drive into the file system and use it as a normal disk when I’m accessing locally.

I don’t like using unnecessary, poorly-featured, bespoke apps to access a disk drive, when there’s a perfectly functional file manager provided by the operating system, that I’m used to, and is fully featured…

If anyone else has more success with the desktop or mobile apps, and doing more versatile file operations, please chime in!

mun29658 wrote:

Yes, I’m using desktop app. Will try to map the MyCloud into my PC file system as recommended. That’s mean i can only re-arrange my file easily when I’m home (-.-)?

You can move multiple files with the WD My Cloud Desktop program. Simply hold down the CTRL key then select the files you want to move. Then drag those files to another folder.

1 Like