How to search and sort files in WD PR2100

Hi all, I’m up and running with my new PR2100 after many teething problems. I really didn’t expect there too be so much technical stuff to overcome. It certainly is a learning curve. I put an enquiring into WD about a week ago but haven’t heard anything back. I have ongoing queries about how the whole thing works but at the moment I’d really like advice on the best ways of searching and sorting files. I’m using Windows 10 on my laptop and up to now using the mycloud.com Interface to sort things. I’d like to know how to have more options than that allows. Like searching, viewing by date etc Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi again, I have managed to set up the mapped network so thanks for that but I have a more urgent query! I cannot find the recycle bin. A folder has disappeared from the device and I need to retrieve it. On the Dashboard the Recycle bin is turned to ON and in the settings Auto Clear Recycle Bin is turned to OFF. So according to that the Recycle Bin should be in operation? It is however nowhere visible. I have done searches in File Explorer but to no avail. I have done searches for the folder name too but again nothing. Any ideas where I can find the Recycle Bin? It’s the WD myCloud PR2100 I’m using on a Windows 10 laptop. Thanks guys

Have you got the recycle bin activated for the share (probably public)?

Yes in public; On the Dashboard the Recycle bin is turned to ON and in the settings Auto Clear Recycle Bin is turned to OFF.

Regards

Sean Corcoran
The Art Hand
Bunmahon
County Waterford
Ireland

00 353 51 292919
00 353 87 2524657