How to remove the menu animations, and a question on backgrounds

Such a small thing, but the slight delay while the WD TV Live Hub plays the animation of ‘flicking up’ the currently selected menu tile is driving me mad.

I tried the fancy airbrushed aluminium theme but it still suffers a slight pause when I am paging along, take a fraction of a second to see that I have pressed the right arrow across the right number of times to get to what I want - only to see it stop on the wrong one. I press one more time… only for it to flick the tile up (and in some themes play a small animation), and then after that it MAY decide to comply with the last button press to move itself along another tile to the one I actually wnated…

There is no need for tile to pop up when selected. If they are highlighted, that’s enogh for me - besides, they should be sitting in the middle of the screen.

Can we please have a way of dsabling the tile pop-up animation, as this delay feels disconnected and far from crisp.

Secondly, is there a way of having a folder on the internal storage that occasionally changes the background picture? I don’t like the same pic up there all the time, but if it cycled daily or every three days, or once an hour (selectable would be nice) to a different picture chosen from a specified folder, that would be great.

Looks like none of the avid themers have either seen this or have an idea on how to accomplish your task.

Hopefully I’m wrong :smiley:

Firstly,

To remove the spinning circle loading animation remove this code from the views:

To remove the scrolling animation from page to page remove this code from the views:

Secondly,

Not possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers.

Apologies, but I should have been a little more specific about which animations I was referring to:

The animation which ‘lags’ is the ones on the Home screen - the lovely big tiles on the bottom edge of the home screen → Files, Music, Videos, Setup, Services.

Those are the ones that I’d like to remove the animations from… they “slide up” and that animation is what is holding up the input, causing impatient gits like myself to press again, only for it to then jump two icons instead of just the next one.

the “slide up” animation is easily removed in a theme xml edit (whoops and image edit)

here you go … (i just modified it and uploaded for you)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjl6rbf3alt9azj

enjoy

2 Likes

Hello!

I just downloaded the nopopup file but i have no idea what to do with it, could someone be nice enough to instruct a dummie on how to get rid of these annoying animations with it?

hellfire666 wrote:

Hello!

I just downloaded the nopopup file but i have no idea what to do with it,

Type “theme install” into the “Search” at the top of the page. example result:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Installing-themes/m-p/567968#M11739

So this isn´t a theme modification? I know how to install a theme but thanx anyway.

Edit: Thanx to Joey Smyth for uploading the file, i think i figured it out. 

hellfire666 wrote:

So this isn´t a theme modification?

It is a theme modification of the Default Mochi theme

I kinda got it after thinking for awhile, unfortunately i´m using another theme but to know it´s possible to fix makes the box more appealing to me. Too bad not all themes come as animated or not animated, it´s the most annoying thing with this box, otherwise i´m starting to enjoy it bigtime, a few bugs here and there but most of them seem to be possible to fix with some time and patience at hand.