How to remove main icons from home page (on firmware 2.01.86)

I recently purchased a refurb SMP from Amazon which came with the latest firmware (2.02.32).

Unfortunately, my unit kept on crashing which required me to pull out the plug and reinsert it. I wasn’t even doing anything with it. I’d let it sit for a few hours and come back and no response. Anyhow, downgrading to 2.01.86 fixed the stupid crashing issues.

The interface in 2.01.86 is different than 2.02.32.

In the home page, I see various icons at the bottom including useless ones I’ll never use such as “Games” and “RSS Feed”.

How do I remove unwanted icons from the home page?   Can I also change the order of the icons as well?

TIA.

edit:    inc_rv_home_menu_node.xm l

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Removing-quot-Live-Tv-quot-From-Main-Menu-Solution/m-p/417986#M9379

edit:

i just modified it for ya, here’s the download … oh and no, you can’t change the order (that’s hard coded into the firmware)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bexb958o155c985/NoGAMESRSS.zip

To install the theme, , open your web browser (don’t use IE9 or 8, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “NoLiveTV.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “NoLiveTV” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, after I submitted the file, it would just say “Please Wait…” forever and it would never finish. 

Anyhow, I can live with the annoying icons. Just irritating but not a deal breaker.

which web browser are you using ?

I used Chrome and Firefox.

Neither worked.

I’m using Firefox 35.0.1  and it works fine for me :smiley:

Ok, I got it to work. Don’t know what happened.

Thanks !