How to recover the data from WD Mycloud

Hi, I had been using WD my cloud for serval years and suddenly my WD my cloud show Rad LED and i cannot access my data. I tried to remove the HDD and try to connect directly to my computer but cannot detect the HDD. Anyone can advise the possible way to recover the data from WD Mycloud HDD?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @yelin,

Please follow the mentioned links for troubleshooting the issue you are facing:

Title: My Cloud Home Not Detected, Not Found, Cannot Connect or Device Offline
Link: WD My Cloud Home Not Detected, Not Found, Cannot Connect or Device Offline

Title: My Cloud Home Not Detected or Not Found by Windows or macOS Computer
Link: Troubleshoot My Cloud Home Not Detected or Not Found on Windows or macOS

Please refer to the article My Cloud Alert Codes, Descriptions, LED Status and Email Notifications:

1 Like

Dear Yelin,

It’s not clear if you are referring to the My Cloud or My Cloud Home product.

Please see the following article for My Cloud:

DATA RECOVERY

and for My Cloud Home

My Cloud Home Data Recovery

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26648

If further assistance is needed, please open a case with our support team at the following:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/askweb

There are a few steps you can take in order to recover not detected HDD data.

1. Check BIOS for hard drive detecting
  2. See if it works on a different computer
  3. Use a data recovery software
  4. Find a data recovery service

If your HDD was making beeping or clicking sounds before stopping working, it’s likely death. Maybe a data recovery service can help you with the data.

If it suddenly stopped showing on your computer, you should check all the possibilities for that. Any kind of mechanical or logical damage can be the reason.

Data recovery services are your best shot to save your data. To your device, is hoping it’s still on warranty.

My advice is to contact a recovery service ASAP and retrieve your data, then see if there’s still hope for the HDD. I can suggest SalvageData. They have a cool “no data, no charge” policy that definitely helps us as we can have a big picture before deciding what to do about our lost data.

All the luck to you.