How to mount a WD MYCLOUD into a MYCLOUD EX2 ULTRA using ssh in BusyBox

Hi,
in the olden days of the My Cloud using a (proper?) Debian OS, I used to be able to mount another WD MyCloud using ssh into one of them, then using a regular mount syntax "mount -t cifs : <other options like username workgroup etc (but not really needed)>
Now with BusyBox I get the following error:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 192.168.0.159:Public,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
need a /sbin/mount. helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so
"
Now I tried to install with “sudo apt-get install cifs-utils” but I get another error “apt-get: command not found”

I guess this is the long way of asking how to mount another wd mycloud into a mycloud using busyBox. I haven’t tried with samba, but I’d like to use mount. Any help is appreciated.

this command seems to be working for me
mount -t cifs //127.0.0.1/Public /x -o username=XXX,password=XXX

Which generation? Gen 2? Mine is gen 2 with the latest firmware 2.30.165. This is a replacement unit so i don’t doubt they sent me garbage. Like i said this used to work in the better linux (gen 1)

I have tried it on a single bay gen2 (same fw version as yours), but yeah, the mount/busybox command throws some fits

[edit]actually, i have just looked and the mount.cifs does not come from busybox; I don’t know why it does not like some ‘regular’ options

I was able to make it mount an external hard drive onto the ex2ultra connected to the my cloud Gen 2 (the drive im mounting onto the ex2 is actually external and connected via usb to the gen2),but it can’t mount any of the shares in the actual gen2 because it complains that some of the directories are read only (it’s true). This is ridiculous! I am now afraid of saying that i was able to mount the external drive because wd will come and “fix” that “bug”. What an awful piece of tech these boxes are… i mean their software, their hardware is good which is a shame.

when I try to mount something i get an error message that says:

root@Datanas / # mount -t cifs //medianas/intern mnt/HD_a2/Ext1
mount: mount point mnt/HD_a2/Ext1 does not exist

when i try

root@Datanas / # mount -t cifs //medianas/intern /mnt -o username=xxxx,password=xxxxxxx
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //medianas/intern,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so