How to modify and add files to root filesystem?

Hi,

I can see that /usr/local/tmp/image.cfs is image that is used on “/” - i have tried replacing the /usr/local/tmp/image.cfs with image.cfs that i modified but after reboot the original /usr/local/tmp/image.cfs is there again.

I have also tried to modify the latest firmware as the root filesystem can be extracted from it but obviously i’m doing something wrong as it fails to update to firmware modified by me…

my goal is to add few files into /usr/local/modules, any ideas ?

1 Like

Hi therifla, this type of modifications are not supported and could void the warranty. Maybe some of the other community users can share some advice with you.

therifla - Everytime you reboot, the image.cfs gets copied over from the firmware. Also note, the image.cfs is NOT the entire filesystem - just partial…there are many files and directories that are not in the image.cfs.

The only way to do what you are proposing to do is to rebuild the firmware from scratch…and then load that firmware manually. But unless you are very linux/unix savvy, I wouldn’t advise you to do it.

It’s also not clear how you built your custom image.cfs file…whether you used a script to build it or built it some other way.