How to install new themes

Hello,

First sorry for my english not perfect, i am from France.

I would like to know how to do to put new themes on my WD Live Streaming. I saw that there are lots of new themes on the Hub discussion but i don’t now how to do.

I read that i can have some by using the red button and it works but i would like to try others …

Thanks to be the most simple you can in your answer. I already thank you.

Alban.

I too would like to know how to do this.  I haven’t been able to figure it out … yet.  :slight_smile:

Unlike WDTV LIve HUB, WDTV Live SMP requires you to upload your user supplied Themes using a Browser

Get a user generated theme from WDTV Live HUB or you can use for example MOJO theme by Tinwarble  which was modified to work with WDTV Live SMP

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Mojo-for-the-SMP-Updated-11-09-11/td-p/287022

The process of loading the Modified theme into the Flash memory is to use a Browser and use the IP address of the

WDTV Live SMP

http://    — You can also use DNS names like “wdtvlive”

You will be presented with a WEB interface login, You need to enter password “admin” for the first time and from there you can upload your ZIP file

If the contents of the theme present in the ZIP file validates correctly, it will be flashed into the WDTV Live SMP player, If all goes well, You will see the new theme appear in the local content your WDTV Live SMP player in the user themes section alongside with the default Mochi Theme.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

How many themes can you install inside?

Thank you. 

Thank  you very much for the info!

In your guide you said in Thumbgen we need to use the “TW Double No Cover” for the MSP we have.  But in your TW_Covers ZIP package, it is missing.  :frowning:

Never mind.  I found a link to another package in the master thread under HUB themes where someone indicates it is in another package and I downloaded that ZIP.

Thanks, great documentation in PDF and video.  Great work.

How many themes can you install inside? - Only One User Supplied Theme is possible at any given time

The other one will always be the Default Mochi Theme.

I have not found any other means to load multiple user supplied themes on this player.

WDTV Live HUB device however supports multiple themes to be saved at any given point in time as it uses the internal HDD for storing themes.

You must thank Tinwarble, He is the author of that Mojo theme.

Love his work! Hope he releases the Mojo Dark theme he is working on to WDTV Live SMP

Hi All

Ive been trying to upload a theme, with no Success… start upload and It just says “please wait” Frustrating 

Ive zip the theme file for example, here’s example of the layout

folder —> mojo

within folder —> xml files

within folder also —> image folder

ive used winrar, option zip, option normal compression

Any Ideas?? 

Do not zip the Mojo folder,only zip the IMAGE FOLDER and all the XML files, the theme must be in a ZIP file to upload. Then try uploading it with google chrome, a lot of people have a problem uploading with Internet explorer if you are using it.

Cheers

1 Like