How to install License from 5.1.9 to 6.0.37 Upgraded and working

I was able to upgrade successfully from 5.1.9 to 6.0.37 on my book live. I followed instructions from this topic. but I am unable to find how to migrate the license to this new version. According to WD and twenty the server license from 5.1.9 should work with the 6.0 version.

any ideas how or where the license file is located on the NAS?

Thanks

J

neuronite wrote:

I was able to upgrade successfully from 5.1.9 to 6.0.37 on my book live. I followed instructions from this topic. but I am unable to find how to migrate the license to this new version. According to WD and twenty the server license from 5.1.9 should work with the 6.0 version.

any ideas how or where the license file is located on the NAS?

Thanks

J

where did you see that? I can’t find anything on their site related to this o.o

1 Like

I think he may mean the comment in this post:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/If-Twonky-Released-2-2-5-6-0-37-to-the-world-where-s-the-WD/m-p/295506/highlight/true#M6079

Neuronite,

From the post from several other members, it seems that the license cant be carried over (or maybe there is no licence file that comes with the version installed on MBL). From the other posts in the thread they say that v6 comes with a 30 day trial, if you want it beyond that you would need to pay for a new license. I hope this resolves your question.

1 Like

Thank you for your help guys. I guess Ill have to purchase a license from Twonky to key in. If it doesnt work I hope they have a return policy…

Thanks again for your help.

J

I submitted the post wondering if WD would upgrade TM to 6.0.37, especially since the Twonky Web site indicated the ‘5’ version keys would activate TM ‘6’  (in my thinking, that would solve the license issue, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that).

I had previously purchased Twonky-Manager to stream my video files, pictures, etc. from a Atom MB desktop PC. It really was a intermin solution while I looked around for a NAS.

I found a  1TB MBL cheap at staples. I installed it and all was well until I realized the MBL didn’t stream mp4’s to my Samsung.

Following the forums I installed the 6.0.37 ppc TM on the MBL.

If you look at the 5.1.9 config page on the MBL, is just states it’s registered, no license (key) is displayed.

Upon re-booting to run 6.0.37 the config page shows the empty  license key fields. I used the key from the copy I bought, clicked save and it now states it’s registered.

I’ve since unloaded the desktop and rely on the MBL only. But the purchased key ($19 USD) did in fact work. At least it shows registered. I doubt it will break after thirty days.

I plan on reviewing the 5.1.9 load to see if there’s a dat file that may contain the key. but at least a key purchased will work.

j

Did u find a key file anywhere for 5.1.9? I don’t want to pay to upgrade, that’s crazy they expect us to do that.