How to Install Bittorrent Sync on the WD My Cloud (Windows)

Like many others, my WD My Cloud 4TB (along with BTSync) was crippled since the automatic firmware upgrade to v4.00.00-607 .  BTSync was killed every time I tried to start it.  I patiently waited many weeks hoping WD would make a firmware update to fix the problem. 

I finally pulled the trigger to downgrade the firmware using the " Easy Method" in the other thread.  The process made sense (simple version number edit to fool the firmware update checking).  After rebooting (with automatic update turned off), I had to SSH (I am by no means proficient in Linux, but this worked for me, so try at your own risk) in and start BTSync again by typing:

/shares/Public/./btsync

BTSync started and I used the web browser interface and it eventually showed all my previous sync folders and started indexing them again.  So far so good.

Edit: I haven’t tried restarting my WD My Cloud yet (to see if I have to redo the " install script so BTsync automatically restart" from the first post of this thread.  I will let BTSync do its indexing, then restart and give it a try.