How to hide Video Information Panel at the start of playback?

I need the videos starting without Info panel superimposed. I play videos with an audience who don’t need to see title, duration etc. It’s embarassing… How I can do? I must wait for a new firmware?

Thanks

Settings > System > Auto Play.

Thanks but… Autoplay isn’t for play a single file whan you turn on the device?

During my event I have to play different videos in front of my audience…

There is no way to do that on this platform. Newer platforms can be themed in custom ways, one of which could entirely disable the playback status panel.

But you’d need to find or create a theme to do it… It is not a configuration selection.

Thank you. So I must wait… Maybe I can find someone who is able to edit Linux scripts to edit that function? 

Themes aren’t Linux scripts… They’re just a collection of XML files.

You might check the Theme forum in the Hub section to see if it’s already done.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
There is no way to do that on this platform.

Not exactly. As I wrote above, autoplay might do the trick. When activated and turned on, the device will automatically loop trough all clips on the attached USB stick’s root dir without showing any info on the clip in the upper left corner.

If that is not good enough he needs to install a hacked firmware cause WD apparently can’t be bothered to add a simple option that would turn off this info tidbit.

Techflaws wrote:cause WD apparently can’t be bothered to add a simple option that would turn off this info tidbit.

… nor should they, IMHO.  There are so few people who are distracted by the status bar…  

The Subtitle / Audio thing: yeah, but not the status bar…

So what are we talking about? The “subtitle/audio thing” is the info shown in the upper left corner whenever a new clip is played, right? That’s what the OP (and tons of people over the years) have been requesting to be able to turn off. Then there’s the ‘playback bar’ that comes up when you press pause during playback and which stays on far too long after play has been pressed so you loose 2-4 items of subtitles. And contrary to the old WDTV Live you can’t even turn that off.

So yes, I think an option for both cases would be nice (and presumably not difficult to code).

sergiopix wrote:

I play videos with an audience who don’t need to see title, duration etc.

@sergiopix

Buy a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (Gen 3)

And i can Remove"Theme Out" the Audio / Subtitle / Playback Bar / Title / Duration  etc.  in about  60 seconds.

Can you paste the lines of the xml? Tinwarble told me how to get rid of the flickering WD logo screensaver and I’d like to try removig those bars on my SMP too (or reduce the amount of time they are shown). Increasing scroll speed of titles in the file browser would be nice too :wink:

Keep in mind, removing it from the theme removes it ENTIRELY. 

As in, even if you press OK during playback, it will NOT appear.

Argh… I just buyed my actual WD TV Live because I needed a version where HDMI and Composite outputs works simoultaneously…

Sorry, I’m not able to edit/upload xml lines… Not so skilled-