How to get Accuweather service to provide weather for Ottawa Canada?

Hi,

An issue encountered early on with my testing yesterday and looked at again today to no avail.

In the manual on page 78 instructions are given on how to set up the accuweather service on the unit. The first step after pressing okay to enter the accuweather service i.e. from the “Service” menu, is to select your region. Contrary to what the manual says, the choice of choosing the region was not offered in my case. In my case after pressing Okay it simply brings me directly to the display screen. This display screen offers no other options other than to change the city and to change the temperature display from Farhenheit to Celsius. The only cities available to choose from are US cities. Basically there seems to be no way to choose an alternate region.

Can somebody tell me how get the unit to prompt me to choose the region and country (i.e. which in my case is Canada)?

Thank-you,

Charles

I think that part of the manual is incorrect.

When you change location you now get a search box. Enter your city into the search box (Ottawa), then go to the box on the right and scroll down, you will see Ottawa, canada (Ontario). You can also ‘submit’ and select from that list.

Hi,

Thank-you! this worked! Ottawa Canada is now up on Accuweather.

I followed this and still have trouble for my city.

I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and cant change regions either. Seems to be stuck on US.

Nick

Type “Melbourne” out in full, and then “Submit”.

I have trayed today accuweather on my WD TVLive Plus and my city (Buenos Aires, Argentina) does not show up. 

I trayed different ways to find the city with no results.

Does any one knows why cities from the Colorado River to the south does not appear??..

You must input the whole name with the space

buenos aires

It will either display to the right or you can press submit and get the list.

I can asuure you its there because I just found it. (Today is sunny at 23C / 73F)

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t think it is solved. I bought mine yesterday here in Munich (Germany), but I am not able to receive any dates for Munich.

What is the trick ?

Thanks

Carsten

cschoenberg wrote:

Hi,

I don’t think it is solved. I bought mine yesterday here in Munich (Germany), but I am not able to receive any dates for Munich.

What is the trick ?

Thanks

Carsten

See the post above yours.

You must input the whole name.

munich

It will either display to the right or you can press submit and get the list.

I can assure you its there because I just found it

Just to be clear and more helpful to those outside the USA :slight_smile:

Cities outside the USA are supported but don’t appear in the “automatic”  list that apears as you type in. Type the full name and then click on “submit” (not just enter). You will then get a longer list which should include the town you are looking for if you scroll down

It’s classically bad user experience design at present.

Bornslippy wrote:

Just to be clear and more helpful to those outside the USA :slight_smile:

Cities outside the USA are supported but don’t appear in the “automatic”  list that apears as you type in. Type the full name and then click on “submit” (not just enter). You will then get a longer list which should include the town you are looking for if you scroll down

It’s classically bad user experience design at present.

I think I said that clearly above, twice. However I agree that its very badly designed.

thanks richUK. I just trayed your search suggestion and worked perfectly.

I had the same problem (I am also in Canada) - manual is incorrect - but got the answer by reading this.  Thanks y’all. 

I too am having the same issues but I am in Adelaide Australia…there is no selection that I can see for any citys down here…are we too far away

ooops, should have read along further…all resolved…thanks everyone

In my case this bug is ever worse - I’m in Saint Petersburg, Russia but all attempts to point my device to a right city end up with Saint Petersburg Florida and it makes me depressed as the weather in Florida is much better  than behind my window :wink:

dsamersoff wrote:

In my case this bug is ever worse - I’m in Saint Petersburg, Russia but all attempts to point my device to a right city end up with Saint Petersburg Florida and it makes me depressed as the weather in Florida is much better  than behind my window :wink:

There is no bug. You have to enter the complete name Saint Petersburg and then on the right hand list, third down you will see Saint Petersburg Russia. Its a chilly -18 at the moment.

I am beginning to think this is turning into a test - thankfully I have a keyboard.