How to Erase and Restore to Factory Settings

Hello:

I need to sell my WD My Book Pro Two-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array, which I only used briefly.

How can I how do I erase it and restore it to to factory settings (without of course, erasing anything on my iMac!)?

And, please bear in mind that I have very limited computer knowledge, so any suggestions will have to be couched in “Computers for Dummies” language!

Many thanks.

How to Erase and Restore to Factory Settings

Hi doublezd,

You can refer the steps given below to erase the data on the drive.

1.) Click Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities to display the WD Drive Utilities screen.
2.) If you have more than one supported device connected to your computer, select the
one that you want to erase.
3.) Click Drive Erase to display the drive erase dialog.
4.) On the Drive Erase dialog:

a. For individual drives, select the check box for each drive that you want to erase:
„ Drive 1…
„ Drive 2…
b. If you want to change the name of a volume, type over the name in the Volume
Name box.
c. Use the Format selector to specify the format for the new volume:
„ HFS+J
„ ExFat
d. Read the explanation about permanently erasing all of the data on the drive when
you change the configuration and select the I understand… check box to signify
that you accept the risk and activate the Erase Drive button.
Important: If you want to save any of the data that is on the device drives, back
it up to another storage device before continuing with the drive erase.
e. Click Erase Drive to begin the erase operation.

5.) When prompted, type your computer logon password and click OK.
6.) A completion message signifies that the drive erase has completed and the drive is
ready to use.

you can also refer the User Manual page number 18, 19 and 20 to know the method to erase the data from the drive. Refer the below mentioned link for User Manual.

For More information, You can contact WD’s technical support from the below mentioned links.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.