How to downgrade the interface of MyBook Essential USB3.0 to USB2.0?

I think my TV cannot support USB3.0, TV will shut down when I connected with MyBook Essential 1TB everytime. I try to add the extension cable with USB2.0 interface between USB3.0 and TV, but the same result. I want to know any software or hardware can set MyBook Essential downgrade from USB3.0 to USB2.0?

Thanks!

What you can do is connect a USB 2.0 cable directly to the my book, but for me it doesn’t make sense. It shouldn’t matter if you have a USB 3/2 hard drive, the television should not turn off. I recommend connecting the TV and my book to a power surge protector or at least another power socket.

As a professional technician and engineer; I’m trying to figure out the exact reasoning why connecting both the TV and USB disk to a power surge protector would change the TV’s behavior of shutting down when the disk is connected to it?

Can you elaborate on that?

I’d tried to connect between TV and MyBook Essential with USB2.0 cable. Unfortunately, my TV shut down also. Is it something wrong on firmware or hardware?

I think no concern about power supply. I’d connected another band external harddisk before, the TV and harddisk run normally.