How to display cloud content from MyCloud in local network (when there in no Internet connection)?

Hi,

I’ve read a lot of topics connected with Privet / Public share access area but I did not find an answer to the following question:

Is there a way to get access to cloud content from MyCloud in local network (when there in no Internet connection)?

I’ve a MyCloud device which works without a problem, I can send the data via Mobile App, web browser. I can also map the device in the local network (only Public folder is seen in Windows explorer) - but what can we do in the situation like that:
Suppose that we don’t have an access to Internet connection but we really need to get to the data stored in MyCloud (in cloud, not in public folder). We cannot use WD discovery / web browser because using that way we need to log in and it needs Internet connection. Is there a way to get access to cloud content from MyCloud in local network (when there in no Internet connection)?

Best regards,
Bartek

@bm1209 Are you talking My Cloud Home or a My Cloud device? They work differently. Here is a link to the My Cloud Home User Manual.

Did you mean Privet, Privet - Wikipedia , or Private?

@cat0w - I’m talking about My Cloud Home Device. And I mean Private of course.

I have seen this manual and there is no info about it. I’m afraid that if there is no internet connection it is impossible to get access to the data stored in My Cloud Home (despite Public folder). So how to avoid such situation? Do I really need to for example make a backup from my mobile via Android App and then create another backup into Public folder? It makes no sense…

@bm1209 MCH has two purposes really.

1. Backups - Public Share for Windows File Backup and TimeMachineBackup Share for macOS Time Machine backups
  2. Private Space for remote accessible storage, social media and cloud imports, mobile phone image and video backups and Plex
    You will not be able to access the Private Space without clear and uninterrupted communication with the WD Cloud Servers.

@socallinux - thanks for the answer. So if I want to be sure that I will have the access to all the data at My Cloud Home no matter if I have Internet connection or not, I have to make an additional backup on Public Share - right?
Is it possible to make it automatically (or using any additional application) or should I do it manually?

“backup” means a second copy on a different storage device.
Both the Public and Private space on the MCH sit on the same internal HDD so if the HDD fail for any reason, you loose both your data copies.

@socallinux I mean " if I want to be sure that I will have the access to all the data at My Cloud Home no matter if I have Internet connection or not, I have to make a Full copy of all files on Public Share". I’m not talking a problem with a device itself- I mean a problem with Internet connection (for example with Internet provider) - in this case you won’t be able to get access to your files even that they are stored on the My cloud Home device…