How to disable Sleep on blue WD6400Bevt? WDIdleDisable Tool?

Hello.
So iv got on older Wd6400bevt that hasent seen much action, so I decided to put it into my Wii.
But I got problems, and after a test in crystaldiskinfo it was clear it has an sleep timer below what I want.
Is there any progam so I can permanently adjust this? Keep in mind its a standard internal disk I now use in an external enclosure.

I have heard about a program called “WDIdleDisable Tool” that might fix it, but I cannot find it anymroe on wd sites.

Hello maraxion,

WDIdleDisable Tool is an End of life product so it is not available for download from WD official website anymore. Also, we don’t have any other software available to change the sleep timer for the drive you have.

I managed to find a version of the program, and after running it it found and patched my HDD. It now works perfectly.
The problem for the wii is that the sleep timer goes of at 60H on this disk, and its needed above 80H. The patch fixed that and the disk is now ok on a wii and also faster accessable in windows!

I include the link to the program for anyone else having a problem like this, but remember use it at on your own risk!

Before you use this, you can use the free program “crystaldiskinfo” to check if it is above 80H or not:

1. Run CrystalDiskInfo in your PC (link below)
  2. Connect your HDD
  3. Select “Function” tab
  4. Select “Advanced Feature” > “AAM/APM Control”
  5. It will open a new window, select your HDD
  6. Check your Advanced Power Management (APM) settings
  7. It should shows a 80h value (every value over 80h is good)
    8 If it shows a value inferior to 80h you have a sleepy drive, and you should check for help
  8. THIS TOOL DOESN’T MODIFY YOUR APM SETTINGS, IT ONLY SHOW PERFORMANCE!
  9. If needed use WDIdledisable program above.

crystaldiskinfo: