How to delete old backup files from my wd book in Acronis

I need to know how to delete old backup files from a computer I no longer have access to from my WD book using ACRONIS True Image software in Windows 11. Thanks for your support.

Hi @Ikagan,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I’m sorry, but it seems there is a contradiction in your request. If you no longer have access to the computer in question, it would not be possible to use Acronis True Image software on that computer to delete backup files.

However, if you have access to a computer with Acronis True Image installed and you want to delete old backup files from a WD My Book external hard drive, you can follow these general steps:

1. Connect your WD My Book external hard drive to the computer.
  2. Open Acronis True Image on your computer.
  3. In the Acronis True Image interface, navigate to the backup location on the WD My Book external hard drive.
  4. Locate the backup files or folders you want to delete.
  5. Right-click on the backup files or folders and select “Delete” or “Remove” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can select the files or folders and use the Delete key on your keyboard.
  6. Confirm the deletion when prompted.

You can also try the data erasure tools such as BitRaser File Eraser to securely erase data from your storage device.

If you meant something different or have further questions, please provide more details and I’ll be glad to assist you.