How to decrypt a WD MyBook drive after its removed from the enclosure?

Hello,
New here, but have the same old problem as everyone else. The power supply on my WD My Book died while I was backing up photo files from it. I took the normal steps, unplugged the power and USB, then reconnected them and got nothing. There’s 3 other docks on the same power strip and all were running, no “improper eject” messages from OSX, except for the My Book. Took the drive out of the enclosure and inserted into a dock and was asked to initialize, I did not do it. I hooked it up to a Windows 7 machine and the same thing. The only thing I did was rebuild the MBR with EaseUS Partition Master which allowed me to see partitions in disk manager. I spent 3 weeks using various recovery programs to no avail. Then, I see this business about WD drives being encrypted (that’s a bad thing, the consumer should make that choice). As a last ditched effort before sending out for recovery (yes, the files are that important) I installed Linux on a laptop after seeing these posts.

Will this method help despite all the above? It’s 5+ years old and don’t recall making a password for it. It doesn’t mount in Linux, but it sees it when I looked in the terminal (this is my first Linux install).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! I’m dying without those files, 5 of 13 year’s worth of work is missing and they’re photos I won’t get again.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

PS. I’m not a tech guy, I’m an artist, but have an IT buddy who’s helping me.