How to correctly shutdown My Cloud EX2 Ultra?

I have a My Cloud EX2 Ultra. Today, I had an electrician in my home for an electricity inspection. He switched off all power without warning. My NAS just shut off instantly, obviously. It has switched back on now, and on the face of it, everything appears OK. But I’m just wondering - can it have been damaged?

On the one hand, I guess it’s like any computer - power cuts happen, and generally a computer just restarts and everything is OK. But on the other hand, I’m not sure how “advanced” the OS on the NAS is, and maybe it’s simply not very “resilient” when it comes to this kind of thing.

And a final question - how am I actually supposed to shut down the NAS at short notice like that? I’m comfortable with ssh’ing into it, which I already do on a regular basis.

Try “hibernate”
Available on the dashboard (upper right icon/dropdown, if I recall (my unit is down at the minute. . so I can’t check)). Also, on one of the utilities pages next to “reboot”.

If you want to keep the unit down when the power is restored. . .you need to pull the plug. Really would have preferred that these units had “on” switches.