How to copy chapters to WD hub after ripping dvd

I have collection of movie songs on dvd, I use dvd ripper and copy individual songs file to WD hub , but it doesnt display songs title, any remedy for this further, the other option i tried is to directly copy VOB files from original DVD to hub but same issue exist, to put all together i need remedy on how i should copy complete songs to hub with title so that i can play automatically one after anothe songs from Hub similar to what i able to do by playing dvd from dedicated dvd player.

Copy the full DVD across and use the Menu. ? Then thats the same as a dedicated DVD Player.

thanks for replying, when i try to copy entire DVD, message appears saying video-ts folder already exist do u wish to replace ?? or overwrite.

honestly , i dont want entire dvd , instead i need selected video songs from my original dvd collection and would like to play them all one after another , what is remedy, i am succesfully able to copy individual songs after dvd ripping but not able to play all one after another , instead have to individually play them which is not comfortable , so pl advise remedy.

further, in dvd ripping software there are various output option viz mpeg 4, 2, etc etc , will that make any difference?

Mmmm dunno to be honest. Have you tried playing one by using the enter button rather than play as this may go to the next one rather than stopping as play does? Or you could make a playlist?

heh mate, did I just read correctly, you can simply drag dvd files over and that can operate just like a regular dvd player.

My files are in vob files etc. Also, can i drag over a Blu ray authored file and use that aswell…very keen on aswer, thanks

Robbo wrote:

heh mate, did I just read correctly, you can simply drag dvd files over and that can operate just like a regular dvd player.

My files are in vob files etc. Also, can i drag over a Blu ray authored file and use that aswell…very keen on aswer, thanks

No you cannot just drag DVD files over, you have to use a program to copy them over.

incorrect.

I just dragged the vob files over in there TS folder after authoring the program in my program and works perfectly…woohoooo…"works exactly like a dvd, menu structure, chapters and all.

Now… does anyone know why it is that you do the same with Blu ray files authored and drag and drop that you loose the menu structure and chapters marks but you can view the main feature timeline.

I would love to know if there is a way to make blu ray authored files play exactly like the regular dvd authored files, fully structured. Thanks so much guys

Robbo wrote:

incorrect.

I just dragged the vob files over in there TS folder after authoring the program in my program and works perfectly…woohoooo…"works exactly like a dvd, menu structure, chapters and all.

Now… does anyone know why it is that you do the same with Blu ray files authored and drag and drop that you loose the menu structure and chapters marks but you can view the main feature timeline.

I would love to know if there is a way to make blu ray authored files play exactly like the regular dvd authored files, fully structured. Thanks so much guys

You dragged them over AFTER authoring the program. I assumed that you were asking if you could simply drag folders over from a DVD. If you drag all the files over from an unprotected DVD or use a program to rip that DVD when yes you can drag and drop and keep the menu and chapters. You can also make an iso image and keep the menus and chapters.

You can’t do the same thing with Bluray.   WDs don’t support bluray navigation; only main-stream playback.

guys all yr coversation helped to learn more on this subject, i need simple solution on how i can enable to play video songs in sequence one after another similar to play all function in menu of dvd, some one replied that we can copy iso image keeping dvd title /menu same as original dvd, but point is i wish to keep only my favourites songs on WD live which i was able to do so by dvd ripping but i am not able to play one after another.

interestingly i also have issue about not able to see my folder of selected songs in Video folder in WD home, where it has gone , however i can see them in root folder " wdlive , any remedy??

If you have each song as its own file, then press PLAY instead of ENTER on the file, and they’ll play back-to-back.

Thankyou Tony ( TonyPh12345) you are on your game, just wanted to know if you can do the same with Blu ray …

bugger…I know this is probably hard to answer but will there be some kind of software update or firmware update that will allow menus to function in the near future…

I hear that some HD media players can handle blu ray menu structures or is that BULL$#@@%$

Thanks team, getting some useful info on this sight.

I hear that some HD media players can handle blu ray menu structures 

Very few media players do FULL menu support; even less in this price range.

Very few media players in this price range even do BD-Lite menus.

It’s extremely doubtful that WD will add BD Menu support of any type.

disappointment prevails…oh, well, still love the media player for what it cost and is I suppose.

We all want more and more these days.

Thanks