How to Convert MBOX to PST Manually?

Converting MBOX to PST is necessary when users switch from an email client that uses the MBOX format (like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or Eudora) to Microsoft Outlook, which uses the PST format. This conversion allows users to retain their emails, attachments, and other data, ensuring seamless access and management of their communications in the new email environment. Additionally, PST files offer better compatibility with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365, which are widely used in professional settings.

How to Convert MBOX to PST Manually

1. Using Apple Mail and Outlook:

• Open Apple Mail and import the MBOX files.
• Export the emails to an EML format.
• Use Outlook to drag and drop these EML files into a folder.

2. Using Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook:

• Install the ImportExportTools add-on in Thunderbird.
• Export MBOX files to EML.
• Drag and drop EML files into Outlook.

3. Using a Third-Party Application:

• Some third-party applications can facilitate the manual conversion, but these might be less reliable or require complex procedures.

Professional Tool: Weeom MBOX to PST Converter

Weeom MBOX to PST Converter is a robust tool designed to simplify the conversion process:

• Convert multiple MBOX files to PST simultaneously.
• Easy-to-navigate interface suitable for all users.
• Ensures the integrity and security of email data during the conversion process.
• Offers options to save data in various formats (PST, MSG, EML) and directly export to Office 365 or Live Exchange.
• Allows users to preview MBOX emails before conversion, ensuring accuracy.

Using this tool saves time, reduces manual effort, and ensures a high-quality conversion, making it ideal for both individual and organizational needs.

1 Like

Thanks for information

I like it

Manual Steps to Convert MBOX to PST. Here are the steps below:

Step 1: Store emails from Thunderbird MBOX in EML files

• Open the email client Thunderbird. Select the New Folder option by right-click on the folder.

• Enter the Name and select “Create Folder.”

• Kindly pick the necessary emails, convert them, and send them to a new folder.

• Choose Save As after making a selection of the entire email. At a designated place, the emails will be saved in EML format.

• Open the folder where the EML files are stored now.

• Next, transfer the EML files into the Outlook application by utilizing the drag-and-drop technique.

Step 2: Convert MBOX (EML) files to PST format.

• Navigate to File >> Open & Export >>Import/Export in Outlook.
  • After choosing Export to a file and clicking Next, the Import/Export wizard box will display.
  • Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and press the Next button.
  • Click Next after navigating to the folder holding the EML files.
  • Give the new PST file’s location and pick the preferred option from the list.
  • Click the Finish button after that.
  • The EML files are now being converted to PST files.

Limitations of Manually Converting MBOX to PST

• Risk of data loss
  • Time-consuming process
  • Limitation of files and many more.

The above, method may work for some users but non-technical users facing problems with this method. So, the alternative way to convert MBOX to PST, you freely try Softaken MBOX to PST Converter Software. With the help of this application, user can easily convert their bulk of MBOX files to PST. This advanced software works with all MS Windows variants. For more information download the free demo version of this utility

You want to convert MBOX to PST manually. Manual processing is a free way to convert MBOX files to PST file format. But, you need to have technical knowledge. Without technical knowledge, you can lose your entire data and cannot recover it. This method is a very long and time-consuming process. You can convert single .mbox files to .pst files manually. I suggest the Mailvita MBOX to PST Converter Software is best method to Convert MBOX to PST file format. With One Click you can download the application. You can convert the bulk MBOX Mailbox files into Outlook PST File format. It’s support the all email clients of the MBOX files such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, SeaMonkey, etc. Export MBOX to PST Tool is work on all Mac and Windows OS versions.

I manually converted my MBOX files to PST file format. However I could not convert the whole data, and I misplaced my all data. I shared all my problems with my friend. My friend has technical knowledge. And my friend suggested a third-party application, but it was a paid solution. It is called TrustVare MBOX to PST Converter Software.