How To Connect Media Player Plus To Wireless Bridge

In order to avoid problems with USB wireless adapters, I purchased a  wireless LAN extender.  I connected it to the ether net port on the WD+ and ran network setup.  First thing I noticed was that I wasn’t given the option of wired or wireless like the manual says should occur.  The choice was to run automatic or manual setup.  I ran automatic but it failed because the unit couldn’t get an IP address.  I  connected the extender to another computer and was able to access my wireless network through it, so that unit seems to be working.  I’m guessing that there’s some configuration I’m missing either in the extender or the WD.  Can anyone help out with this?

Al_Frank wrote:

In order to avoid problems with USB wireless adapters, I purchased a  wireless LAN extender.  I connected it to the ether net port on the WD+ and ran network setup.  First thing I noticed was that I wasn’t given the option of wired or wireless like the manual says should occur.  The choice was to run automatic or manual setup.  I ran automatic but it failed because the unit couldn’t get an IP address.  I  connected the extender to another computer and was able to access my wireless network through it, so that unit seems to be working.  I’m guessing that there’s some configuration I’m missing either in the extender or the WD.  Can anyone help out with this?

more details required. For a start what wireless LAN extender did you purchase?

Al, you WON’T be given the option of Wireless/Wired setup.   The WDTV is unaware that you’re using an extender.

The only thing it cares about is the WIRED configuration.  You will NOT be able to configure the EXTENDER via the WDTV.  You will need to configure the LAN Extender, most likely, on your PC first before it will work on the WDTV.

That’s what I thought.  I’ll work on that and report back how things went.

Hey I am having the same probelm…I have been searching but no luck…the option that we have given is different that we see in the manual…Not sure what do to…

Anyone out there know how to fix this issue…

Cheers.

bbv5858 wrote:

Hey I am having the same probelm…I have been searching but no luck…the option that we have given is different that we see in the manual…Not sure what do to…

Anyone out there know how to fix this issue…

Cheers.

If you are having the same problem then the answer is above. If its something new then more details are required.