How to connect a saegate 1TB to my book world edition?

I have a Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB Ethernet.

I also own a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB.

I tried connecting my above Seagate 1TB to the Western Digital My Book World Edition Ethernet using the USB port available in it, but was  unable to connect!

I also tried connecting Transcend 1gb USB which connects succesfully.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IN CONNECTING MY SEAGATE HARD DRIVE TO THE WESTERN DIGITAL ETHERNET USING USB PORT.

YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I also tried conecting WD My Book Essential with no success…

Someone please replyyyy

There are two reasons that the drive wouldn’t show up on the World drive. The partition/format is not readable by the World drive or the external that you are connecting is not supported. When you go into the Shared Storage Manager you can look at what USB devices are connected to the drive. If the World drive lists a physical device then it sounds like a partition/format issue. You can try re-formatting the drive, try formatting the unit to FAT32 or have the World drive format the drive for you. If the drive is not listed at all, then it most likely is not supported.

1 Like

It does not list at all. So i think the drive is not supported How can i know which drive is supported & which are not?

When i called mumbai wdc support centre they told me that with 1 TB Ethernet drive you can only connect 500 GB external drive & with a 2TB Ethernet drive you can only connect 1TB external drive.

I also tried connecting WD 1TB (some Green color box with a black drive) sorry i dont know the name of the drive, but failed to connect. Then i tried some seagate 500 GB drive which connected successfully.

Can you please assist me.

Thank You for your responce.

Unfortunately we don’t have a listing of drive that should work or have been tested on this unit. You didn’t provide what model of My Book World that you have since there are two. The newest one has a white light on the front and should be able to support 1 and 2 Terabyte drives. The older My Book World with the blue rings is limited to smaller capacities since the larger capacities were not around when the drive was manufactured. Make sure that you have the latest version of firmware on the world drive also. The white lights drive should have firmware version 01.01.16 or greater. You can check for a firmware update on the white lights drive by going to the Network Storage Manager > Advanced Mode > System > Update. Then have it check for a newer version.

Can you get the model number of the WD drive that you are having the issue with? If so, I can check on it and see if the unit should work on the unit.