How to clear old shares?

Hi

I have a problem with my WDTV Live remembering old shares that I had.

For example if I had MATV shared and then reshare the same folder as MA_TV I’ll en up with both MATV and MA_TV in my WDTV. If I try to access MATV it is going to say that there are no data files inside while MA_TV will work fine.

I tried clearing network login, tried removing share, rebooting device, disconneting it from my router but still the old share remains… Does anyone have any idea on how to remove old folders that are not shared anymore?

Thanks!

When you say you tried removing share do you mean on the WDTV menu?  (In network settings – clear network shares or some such).

Deloma wrote:

Hi

I have a problem with my WDTV Live remembering old shares that I had.

For example if I had MATV shared and then reshare the same folder as MA_TV I’ll en up with both MATV and MA_TV in my WDTV. If I try to access MATV it is going to say that there are no data files inside while MA_TV will work fine.

I tried clearing network login, tried removing share, rebooting device, disconneting it from my router but still the old share remains… Does anyone have any idea on how to remove old folders that are not shared anymore?

Thanks!

Have you tried removing the power from the WDTV for some minutes (not seconds). It must be remembering somewhere and I assume it is in the WDTV onboard cache.

Try also:

resetting to factory defaults using the internal menu

resetting using the side button.

I’m having the same problem, shared drives and folders that are no longer actually shared still show up.  Have tried leaving it off not only for minutes but days, but to no avail

Leaving it off makes no difference – clearing the cache using the methods outlined above (resetting, going to “clear network shares”, etc.) is what you want to try.

well, it was a pain to have to go back and set up all my network logins and whatnot, but seems like it worked.  i couldn’t find a ‘clear network shares’ option anywhere, just the login info, so had to go back to factory defaults

p00kie wrote:

well, it was a pain to have to go back and set up all my network logins and whatnot, but seems like it worked.  i couldn’t find a ‘clear network shares’ option anywhere, just the login info, so had to go back to factory defaults

Its in the Network Setting menu labeled ‘Clear login info for network share’