How to auto eject USB

Turning off (hold pwr for 5 secs) the WD player or putting it to sleep (press power) does not seem to disconnect the USB. My drive is constantly being corrupted and requires scan and fix by windows.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Is there a way to automatically disconnect the USB. It’s really annoying to have to power up or unsleep the unit in order to disconnect the drive.

Ummm…did you try the Eject button on the remote?

Eject only seems to work when the unit is powered on, and then you need to go through the annoying menu system.

I want the player to auto eject when I power off the unit.  It would also be nice if I could eject without going through the annoying on-screen menu system.

I have been removing my USB key ( just pulling it out) after the unit is off for a long time now without any problems.

BeechyBoy wrote:

I have been removing my USB key ( just pulling it out) after the unit is off for a long time now without any problems.

…yet.  ;)

Sometimes the eject button on the remote does not have any effect other than a constant spinning arrow and my WD Live Plus unit is frozen.  In cases like this, we have no choice but to power down the WD (remove power cord) and remove the HD drive/USB drive then if that’s what we wanted to do.   Any time my WD has frozen like this, I just wait a while until the drives sleep mode kicks in around five minutes or so, and then turn the WD back on (or remove drive if that was the initial intent.)  No harm done to drive if it was not being read or written to at the time of “disaster”, so removing a USB once the WD unit is good and off seems harmless.

waynat wrote:

Eject only seems to work when the unit is powered on, and then you need to go through the annoying menu system.

I want the player to auto eject when I power off the unit.  It would also be nice if I could eject without going through the annoying on-screen menu system.

weird !!!, the buttons on my tv remote don’t work either when the tv is turned off (apart from the “power on” button).

Being serious, it’s the same on any appliance, to move a usb drive safely you need to eject it properly first and a menu will pop up and ask which drive you would like to eject.