How to access local Mycloud OS2 drive using Mycloud app for OS2

I have OS 2 Mycloud device (P/N WDBCTL0020HWT-00). I am trying to access it locally. When I try to access it locally through Mycloud app on Iphone, it ask to sign in to Mycloud.com. How do I create that account with existing Mycloud device. When I try add it, it does not discover it automatically. How can I access Mycloud device locally?

@Ragnarok9999

When you look at the Dashboard what firmware is showing? If this is the 1st generation WD My Cloud with OS3, Firmware 04.xx.xx there isn’t cloud access anymore.

My Cloud OS3 End of Service | Western Digital

WDMYCLOUD 1st Generation now on my Network only - My Cloud OS 3 Personal & Network Attached Storage / My Cloud - WD Community

OS2? No such thing for the first generation single bay My Cloud. Check the My Cloud Dashboard. Chances are you are using v4.x firmware which is OS3.

For local network access now that WD has terminated access using the MyCloud.com web portal and using the OS3 My Cloud mobile app for iOS or Android, one would use either Windows File Explorer, Mac Finder or a file manager app for iOS or Android.

For your iOS device you will have to check the Apple app store and find a file manager app that supports SMB. The OS3 My Cloud app for iOS no longer works for access to OS3 My Cloud devices.

My Cloud OS3 End of Service
https://www.westerndigital.com/support/software/my-cloud-os/os3/os3-eos

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: After the services are shut down, you can only access the device on a local network. Access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app won’t work. Email notifications won’t be delivered. Devices that had auto-update enabled received a final firmware update that disabled remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Now, support has ended and you have to use your local network to access your device.