1. I connect my WDTV to my network
2. It asks me which folders I want to search for video/pictures/music
3. It finds them all, regardless of what my folder structure is like and records their location
4. It gathers meta data for all of the items it can find
5. I start WDTV and I have the following options:
* These should be configurable, I should be able to create my own custom searches based upon the meta data available.
I select a Movie and it starts playing it (I don’t have to navigate into a folder etc)
I select a TV Show and it then either give me a list of seasons or episodes that I can watch (and some indication of what I have already watched so I know where I am up to)
At the moment, the Media Library is very dependent upon how we structure our Movie and TV folders which isn’t ideal as everyone will have their own implementation (and its crazy that everyone would need to amend their structure just so the WDTV plays nice). WDTV shouldn’t care where it found the movie/tv show it should just record that it did, display it so it can be selected and then play it without me having to navigate to it. I have my movies in their own folders so the meta data isn’t displayed unless I am in the actual folder which is a poor implementation.
WDTV has done all the hard work - it’s gotten all of the meta data - it just has a very poor way of showing it.