How sensitive is your hard drive's G-sense error rates?

I created this thread to find out if hard drives are different, especially in the sensitivity of the G-sense error rate.

What is the model of your laptop and  what model of hard drive do you use?

Does your hard drive pass or fail the Datalifeguard, or seatools, or any hard drive diagnostic tests?  Does SMART show any read error rates, write error rates, reallocated sector count, current pending sector count, or uncorrectable sector counts raw value not at 0?

How roughly do you use your laptop?  Do you carry it all the time while on, and do you frequently bump into it?

How often do you overwork your hard drive, whether it be copying or moving large files, or playing demanding games, or anything that cause the HDD light to constantly be on?  Do you overwork your computer so your fans are spinning loudly?

How much does your G-sense error rate raw value rise per power on hour, or how many power on hours does it take for your G-sense error rate raw value to go up by 1?

Are you worried that your G-sense error rate may be rising too fast?  Do you consider your rate of G-sense error rate increase to be normal for how you use your laptop?

To answer my own questions:

Asus N56JR with a WDC WD7500BPKX-80HPJT0 hard drive.

All tests pass, and 0 on read error rate, seek error rate, write error rate, and absolutely no bad sectors.

I treat my laptop like a baby.  I never even move it unless it is hibernted or turned off.

I mostly use my laptop for streaming videos, playing games, and sometimes I run a 15 year old game overnight for 8 hours straight without any input.  Sometimes I would leave it idle as well.

I made a chart stating the G-sense error rate raw value and the power on hours.  So far, for 280 power on hours, the G-sense error rate went up by 15.  The rate of the G-sense error rate rising is not constant.  It sometimes takes 3 power on hours to go up by 1, and sometimes it takes over 100 hours for it to go up by 1.

I e-mailed WDC support about the rising G-sense error rate values, and they said to do a Datalifeguard test.  That doesn’t really help me here because my hard drive is going to pass the test because it only checks for bad sectors anyway, so I am kind of worried.  I am unsure if my G-sense error rate rising without me bumping or carrying my laptop would cause these tests to fail in the future or not, or if this rising G-sense error rate is supposed to be normal due to overly senitive sensors?   Hard drive diagnostic tests like Datalifeguard and Seatools does not tell me why my G-sense error rate slowly increases despite me not touching my laptop, and keep it idle, especially when the read error rate, write error rate, seek error rate, and bad sectors remain at 0.  I personally don’t consider my rate of G-sense error rate increase to be normal at all, considering how I use my laptop.  I read that for normal healthy hard drives, the G-sense error rate is not supposed to rise when your computer is not touched and is idle, and is sitting on a sturdy table.

I really don’t know if the G-sense error rate on my drive is too sensitive to minor bumps, like for example, me lightly tapping my laptop, or if there is something internal that is causing the G-sense error rate to rise, such as internal virbation, which leads to the G-sense error rate sensor being to sensitive, or if it is my hard drive itself that is causing the G-sense error rate to rise.  That is why I created this thread to compare my hard drive to your hard drives, to know if your G-sense error rate is too sensitive, or not sensitive enough.

I also read a ton of forum threads from people with the same problem I do, and the answers were either useless or not consistent.  For example, some would say to replace the hard drive, and some would not reply back at all, leading to the person who has the problem to speculate.  All I want to know is if my situation is normal, or if there is a problem that needs my hard drive to be replaced?  For the record, before anyone asks, I passes all the Hard drive diagnostics test.  CrystalDiskInfo, Speccy, and Speedfan, as well as Datalifeguard show the same G-sense error rate values.

This is something I am curious about myself. I am using the OEM Seagate drive that came with my laptop (Will switch to a WD Black2 once the warranty expires), so I do not believe my test results can relate, but as a reference I use it around 4 hours per day, and I always shut it down before I move it. I do not notice when I bump into it. I do overwork my computer at least twice per week.

Regards,