How long do I have to wait for a new firmware update?

Hi,

Right now I have the latest fw version but not without bugs, glitches and problems. I’m sick and tired WD. So I’m kindly asking the developers: how long do I have to wait ?

As far as I know from reading other forum posts the new firmware is expected around the middle of this month, however I wouldn’t put too much stock in this as firmware can always be delayed.

rares wrote:

Hi,

Right now I have the latest fw version but not without bugs, glitches and problems. I’m sick and tired WD. So I’m kindly asking the developers: how long do I have to wait ?

How long is a piece of string? WD will post firmware updates when they’re ready. Instead of wasting bandwidth on pointless questions how about asking about the problems you are having with your present firmware?

@badmem: Do you think I’m wasting WD bandwidth ? Oh, no my money were wasted on a piece of sh!t player that is unable to play a standard BD movie and resets/shutsdown by itself !!! Do you want to hear more? I’ve sold my old WD TV Gen2 because WD dropped tech support and the player had a lot of issues with MKV, MP4 and even AVi files. And I give you another thing to chew: my SMP is unable to connect to my Linksys E2500 router > it doesn’t take my key… So, please don’t make me… on this forum!

rares wrote:

@badmem: Do you think I’m wasting WD bandwidth ? Oh, no my money were wasted on a piece of sh!t player that is unable to play a standard BD movie and resets/shutsdown by itself !!! Do you want to hear more? I’ve sold my old WD TV Gen2 because WD dropped tech support and the player had a lot of issues with MKV, MP4 and even AVi files. And I give you another thing to chew: my SMP is unable to connect to my Linksys E2500 router > it doesn’t take my key… So, please don’t make me… on this forum!

You can keep complaining about the problems or you can post the problems you’re having and see if somebody can help. You can wait for WD to release a new firmware that might fix the problems you are having or you can see if somebody can help with your problems.