Note that there’s a chance that you can break things or that you can lose data
so if that’s a concern for you then stick with actual Western Digital Support.
Note that you need to know how to manipulate XML files without breaking them.
Went to the folder C:\ProgramData\Western Digital\WD Sync\Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Where Sxxxxxxxxx is an ID for your user. If you’re not sure which one,
then look in each file callled WD Sync.config to see if the syncPairs
match the one for your user.
Then in that file, take the syncpairs section and save them in notepad
to a backup file. (I changed “canDelete” to “false” for all my entries
just in case).
Then in WD Sync Settings, remove the device, then re-add it and deselect
all the sync pairs in the wizard while adding.
Then when it’s added, close WD Sync, go back to the “WD Sync.config” file
and re-add the syncpair XML sections.
Then when I restarted WD Sync, it continued syncing normally.
Dear Western Digital Support: I see that there are places to enable logging
in many of the xml files. I would like to know which ones to enable so that
I can send you log files so that you can troubleshoot this issue if it happens