How I can unstroke a Destroked WD HDD

I have a WD HDD with the Number WD1003FBYX Rev. A04. Normal this Drive have 1TB Diskspace but in my case the drive has only 500GB. So it seems to be that I have a destroked HDD. How can I “reset” the drive so I can use the full capacity ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hello,

You will need to check on the disk management area to see if the drive need to be initialize.

Hello ERmorel, thanks for your answer.Yes I think the HDD must be initialize.How can I do it? What tool can I use ?We don´t speak to format the HDD. Normal Format process isn´t to help to solve the situation. I see a label on top of the HDD Chasis with the print “Destroked”. So I thnik helpfull must be to "reset"or disstroke the HDD. Thanks for your answer in advance and I wish you a nice day. Harry07 Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. September 2016 um 21:50 Uhr

Von: ERmorel <wd@discoursemail.com>

An: harald.wambach@web.de

Betreff: [WD Community] [WD Internal Drives/Desktop & Mobile Drives] How I can unstroke a Destroked WD HDD ERmorel

September 7

Hello,

You will need to check on the disk management area to see if the drive need to be initialize.

It is possible to “low level format” the HDD? Because I think if the sectors be rewritten the problem is solved. Which Tool or process can I use to do this “low level format”? Or must be the Firmware rewritten ? Thx