How good are Western Digital's SSDs?

Just looking for a super-cheap 120GB SSD as a boot drive and this caught my attention:

I’ve a few questions:

1. Are they any fast?
  2. Does WD’s SSD’s has a “Samsung Magician” like desktop utility program that lets you monitor your SSD’s health etc and lets you optimize it etc?
  3. I’ve an another option https://snaptube.cam/. Its from a company called “Adata” (Never heard of it) and comes with a 20 month warranty, whereas the WD’s comes with just 1 year warranty. Do you think it’s better than WD? What about Kingston SSDs?
  4. I live in a hot climate and my CPU/GPU idle at around 45c in summer. Will the high temperatures have an adverse effect on an SSD’s life expectancy? I want it to last at least a few years! Three years at the very minimum!
  5. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

1. ANY SSD is going to be faster than your old HDDs ever were.
  2. Yes the WD Dashboard
  3. I have an Adata seems just as quick as my WD SSDs to me.
  4. Shouldn’t be an issue BUT you could always add a small fan to the SSDs case.
  5. I’m a WD fan so…I like the ones I have had here on my HTPCs for the past couple years.

My old PC was the first computer I installed an SSD in. It’s a Celeron CPU ~2ghz dual core. It would take Windows 10 about 1+ minute to boot to the desktop. WD 500GB SSD boots it in about 20 seconds. That fast enough for you? :slight_smile:

Why only 120GB ?
Why a WD Green 120GB PC SSD ??
If you noticed the many problems on this forum, you must be lucky to get it working.

Why not choose a Samsung 860 EVO 2,5 inch 250GB ???
Almost for free, and with 5 year warranty, and with Samsung Magician, and with almost no installation problems.

SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface,
Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read,
Up to 520 MB/s Sequential Write,
MTBF 1.5 Million Hours Reliability,
5 Years Limited Warranty - which is to say, don’t hit it with a hammer and don’t throw it off your tenth-floor balcony.