How does Smartware handle backing up two drives to My Cloud...and other Smartware questions

When you set up backup from two disk drives on one PC to My Cloud via Smartware, do they both backup simultaneously, or do I need to do one, then the other?

I have a Windows 8.1 laptop with two hard drives, one is 500GB, the other 1 TB. After installing My Cloud (3TB) and Smartware, I went into Smartware and set up my backups. I selected various folders on each drive to back up, and I also set up two different folders on My Cloud to receive these files. Setup is like this:

PC Drive →                                 My Cloud Folder

Several folders in G: drive →    Pictures, Video folder on My Cloud

Desktop and User folder on

main drive                           →     Users folder on My Cloud

Every time I open my PC at home, I start Smartware, click the Backup tab and let the backup continue. I feel like I need to manually go into the Home and Backup tab for each backup plan (one per drive) and restart it. Regardless, my question is this: is Smartware able to handle these two drives on my laptop backing up onto My CLoud?

Other Smartware questions:

• Does my PC have to be on my home network (where My Cloud is installed) in order to run Smartware? Can I be on the internet outside of my home and run Smartware?

• I run Outlook 2010. Will Smartware back up the latest Outlook file automatically as new files are created (basically, every time I run Outlook)?

Much appreciated. - Paul M.

Hello,

When you set up backup from two disk drives on one PC to My Cloud via Smartware, do they both backup simultaneously, or do I need to do one, then the other?

You will need to do one first and then the other and the last one that is selected will be done automatically.

- Does my PC have to be on my home network (where My Cloud is installed) in order to run Smartware?

Yes.

Can I be on the internet outside of my home and run Smartware?

WD Smartware does not perform remote backups. 

If you do not have it here is a link for the SmartWare User Manual.