How do you turn on the HDD?

When i shut down My Book Live from the settings menu i can only find one way to tun it on again, by disconecting and conecting again the power source, is there any other way to tun it on? i see that the ethernet light remains blinking

Hmmm. If the net interface remains on, it may support Wake On LAN.

net interface goes off too

There does not appear to be a way of switching it back on other then using the power plug. However there is no real reason to shut it off. If you set up the energy saver then after a time period the disc will enter sleep mode.

richUK wrote:

There does not appear to be a way of switching it back on other then using the power plug. However there is no real reason to shut it off. If you set up the energy saver then after a time period the disc will enter sleep mode.

Hello,

In the sleep mode there is a energy consumption of 4W according to  Smallnetbuilder. So we make some simple calculations if you shut down the NAS half the day (e.g. not at home and night) you save 12h*356*4W=17.5kWh. So in Germany the it would be about  3.50€. So in terms of money saving there is not really a reason, but you consume 17,5kWh which you are not using so for overall energy saving it is good to shut the NAS down when you don’t need it.

I also like to see a feature like WOL in the My Book Live so a post a Idea if you like you can support it. 

Idea

-Tobi

Hi,

To turn on the drive after you have turned it off, you have to unplug and then replug in the power supply.  That is the only way to turn it on again.