How do you set up an account in the Cloud?

Where is the dashboard?

If you type the IP address of your NAS in the browser, it will take you to the dashboard of the NAS.

Also, how do I make it so that when I drag and drop files, the files are actually moved, not merely copied?

Part of the reason why I’m moving it to the drive is so that I can clear some space in my lapotp. But if it’s coping it, then the original file still remains in the laptop and space is not cleared out.

Open “this PC”, and under network, unfold your NAS, right click on the share, choose map network drive. This will create a new disk in your Windows explorer. Then cut the files from the folders of your comptuer to this disk.

I’m using a Mac.

OK. Similar on a mac. Open a finder window, choose go, Connect to server, a window will open type SMB://YOURNAS/YOURSHARE, click connect. Now you can move files from your Mac to the mounted share.

You can reconnect automatically to the share upon login. Go to system preferences, user & groups, login itemsm click on the + button to add the share.

Where do you find the exact name for: “SMB://YOURNAS/YOURSHARE,”

What is the name of you NAS on the network? Replace YOURNAS with that name.

What is the share you want to copy your files to? Replace YOURSHARE with that name.

How do you find those two names?

When you open finder, in the left navigation panel, you should see something like WDMycloud in the shared section. Right?

Yes, I see that.

so how do you find those two names?

Under shared you have the name of you NAS. That gives you the YOURNAS name.

When you click on this, you will have the option to “connect as”. You will see the list of shares.Pick one and that will give you the YOURSHARE name.

@Etupes

Unbelievable. I admire your patience.

Ok, so “WDMyCloud” is my NAS name right?

It’s showing me “connected as: guest” so would “guest” be the other name?

By the way, I’m trying to clear out some space in my laptop, so I was moving my videos (a lot of them) to the Cloud Drive from my Finder, and it was taking more than a day when suddenly the connection was lost and it said something like “…could not be completed because some data could not be read.”

How could I know which videos were transferred and which were partially transferred and which were not transferred?

I’m guessing I’ll just delete all the stuff that has been transferred and then try doing the transfer this time in small bite pieces so even if the connection is lost in the middle of transferring, at least I know which files to try again.

Or is there a better way?

Yes, WDMyCloud is your NAS name. When you unfold this in finder, you should see “folders”. These are in fact shares. Did you copy your files to the Public share?

Check this out.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-copy-and-move-files-and-folders-on-mac-os-x.html

You will have to do this for each folder you copied to the share, separately.

Yes I did put those files in the public share.

“When you click on this, you will have the option to “connect as”. You will see the list of shares.Pick one and that will give you the YOURSHARE name.”

Ok so Public is one of those list of shares? Is Public a YOURSHARE name?

Since I cannot return it, if I try to re-sell it how much might I be able to fetch?