How do you get mySQL installed on to the My Cloud?

Hi folks,

I’m looking for help installing a working copy of mySQL on to the WD My Cloud.  I am not a Linux user, so instructions would be REALLY helpful.  

I get the process, but the details are messing me up.

The process (as I understand it) is to copy the mySQL files to the My Cloud(I’m calling it a NAS for the rest of tthis post); SSH to the NAS as Root; run a command to install the mySQL server/service; and finally, setup the mySQL server (password, etc)

Things I don’t know:

Which mySQL install to use

Where to put the install files on the NAS

What command(s) to use to launch the mySQL install

Detailed instructions (CS 101 level) would really be helpful.

Thanks

MySQL is already installed on the Mirror, EX2 and EX4 from the factory.

1 Like

Where?
If I install my PHP admin from the app list, I don’t see mySQL on the local host.  

If I’m just missing it, can you provide link to documentation, or guidance on how to access the setup?

Thanks

I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish, however you can see the database for any app you install via phpMyAdmin as shown in the picture I have included here.  You can also change the default database password from phpMyAdmin as well.

cderring wrote:

Where?
If I install my PHP admin from the app list, I don’t see mySQL on the local host.  

If I’m just missing it, can you provide link to documentation, or guidance on how to access the setup?

Thanks

Vertech1 has already provided the info you were seeking.

I just thought to mention a note of caution in installing myPHPAdmin, if you plan on enabling Dashboard Cloud Access (from the dashboard settings). See →   http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Enabling-logging-for-lighttpd-web-server/td-p/788667

Hi I also want to know about the my cloud, not the mirror and ext2/4, thanks!

I have no need for PHP My Admin (got better tools), i just need the root password an port pls,

Best Regards Paer

do you know what is the default userid & password for MySQL (My Cloud) ?
Firmware Version. 2.0.181

The phpMyAdmin app installs the admin : admin user.

CREATE USER admin@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'admin';
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO admin@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'admin' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES; 

Read the source code if you want to know the password that was used to do this.

can you tell as a path to file with mysql password.