How do you get CloudOS on the DL, PR, and EX series NASs to forget a USB drive password

I think this is a good question. I have a WD USB My Passport 4Tb drive that I’ve got password protected and the DL NAS I’ve got has the useful feature of unlocking the USB by using it’s assigned password, but also remembering the USB drive’s password so there is no need to keep on keying in the password.

Here is the good question… Once the DL NAS has been told to remember the password, what’s the procedure fo get the DL NAS for forget or un-save the remembered password? I can’t find an option on the DL NAS’s CloudOS firmware to do this.

Hi Myron,

My Cloud never remember a password for the USB device. If you have mapped the USB drive as a share, it will remember that log in info when it is conencted and log in. And if you want to change this, you would need to change the premissions for the share in the dashboard just like any other share.

Moreover, if WD security is installed on the computer it can remember the password. And to forget that password, you can uninstall WD Security from the computer.

But it gave the option to remember the WD My Passport drive’s password. I unplugged the drive from the front USB port and then re-inserted the drive and it got mounted without requiring me to give the drive’s lock password a second time.

It’s a very useful feature for the DL4100 to remember the password, but it would be useful to be able to find where to go on the DL4100’s dashboard and tell it to forget saved WD USB drive lock passwords.