How do you change the workgroup on WD TV Live SMP?

I have 2 SMP devices on my network. 1 device has the correct workgroup as my router and PCs. The other WD TV Live SMP is incorrect. What are the steps to change the Workgroup

It’s under SETUP / Network Settings.

But it’s interesting that one is different than the other – all WD devices use the same default.  So, at some point, you must have changed it yourself…

I didn’t change anything. The SMP unit that works…allowing network share, has the same workgroup name “family” as the rest of my network. The SMP that is not working correctly has the default workgroup name “workgroup”.
I went into ‘setup/network setting’ as you suggested but I do not have any options of changing the workgroup., Could you give me more detailed steps in changing the workgrouo name. I’m using the newest WD TV Live SMP.
Thanks

Setup > Network > Workgroup > Press “OK” Button

bubbalam wrote:
 "I went into ‘setup/network setting’ as you suggested but I do not have any options of changing the workgroup., Could you give me more detailed steps in changing the workgrouo name. I’m using the newest WD TV Live SMP.
Thanks

It’s exactly where I said it is.  If it weren’t, how would you know that one of them is set to Family?

Setup / Network settings

It’s the fifth item down where it says Workgroup.

I’m not sure what I’m missing, …this only changes the device name, not the Workgroup name to match the same workgroup name I’m using on my windows sharing network. When I view my network from one of my PCS, I have all my devices shown as belonging to a workgroup I created years ago called ‘family’ My first SMP unit falls in under the ‘family’ workgroup and network share all media that is assigned in that workgroup. My second SMP unit falls in the default workgroup called ‘workgroup’. I’m still not sure how to change my second SMP to the ‘family’ workgroup.
I think alot of the posts referring to having problems with network sharing is due to WD defaulting their device to a WORKGROUP called workgroup. If your existing windows workgroup has a different name then you will have a sharing conflict.

Also, if you have 2 SMPs, you need to change the “Device Name” too, because each device has to have a unique name.

Thanks, I only saw the first 4 options on my screen, not the 5th option off the screen

That’s what those arrows mean, “More stuff” up or down.:smileyvery-happy: