How do I Uninstall My Book Essential Hard Drive?

I bought the My Book Essential External Hard Drive and realized it is not what I wanted.  I returned it to the store.  I tried to Uninstall it from my computer and I am getting an error that says I cannot uninstall it.  The message reads: “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”

How do I get this off my computer??? 

You mean Smartware, right? If my computer is not allowing me to uninstall an application, then what I would do is to download it again and reinstall it to fix the corrupted installation, then it try to remove the software again.

You can download Smartware again from this link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5419&p_created=1271690740&p_sid=jB-D7Tdk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSwxJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD01NDE5&p_li=&p_topview=1

If it doesn’t work, I’d call WD if I were you.

Hope it helps!