How do I setup to connect to my network via wireless?

Hi,

My config:

ROUTER Buffalo whr-g125

WDTV Live Streaming

I tried an automatic setup, it finds my network, but when I enter the password, it always says cannot connect despite correct password entered.

Tried WPS settings, entered pin from wd to buffalo router admin page, then just nothing happens, again, cannot connect.

Tried manual, but I don’t know what to fill in these:

• IP Address

• Subnet mask

• DNS

• Gateway

Can anyone help me where I can find them?

Did you already tried to restart your router?

What encryption do you use for your wifi? Did you entered it correctly when setting up the network on your wd tv?

And you shouldn’t use manual mode if you don’t know what to fill in. :wink:

@   SultanBrunei

Don’t mess with manual setup, just set it up per the user manual.

Now, go into Windows advanced sharing and select to turn off password protected sharing.

Next go into sharing with the anonymous username and click through the password section, and you should be on.

I don’t think he has any issues with sharing files. At least until he can get his WD TV into his wifi :wink:

Sommerzeit wrote:

I don’t think he has any issues with sharing files. At least until he can get his WD TV into his wifi :wink:

RIGHT!  I misread about password – he’s not even close yet to what I suggested – he needs to connect WD unit to his router via the password!  Maybe he forgot it!  In this case, it is best to reset router to defaults and enter a password he can remember, and start over with the router setup.

Sommerzeit wrote:

Did you already tried to restart your router?

What encryption do you use for your wifi? Did you entered it correctly when setting up the network on your wd tv?

And you shouldn’t use manual mode if you don’t know what to fill in. :wink:

Already. Still wont connect. (Because a restart does not solve a problem in most cases).

Aes-wpa2. I remember perfectly my wifi passwords :wink: (I use several wifi devices at my home)

If automatic setup works, why would I bother to go to manual setup… lol :smiley:

I think it has something to do with wdtv’s automatic setup compatibility with buffalo router.

So, finally i solved this problem by entering:

IP : my router address

DNS : my isp dns

Subnet :255.x.x.x