How Do I Restore Smart Status and Password Protection For MY Passport

To the WD Community;

A while ago My Passport 2TB Portable Drive failed. The following images show Drive’s failure in both quick test and complete (extended test) performed both by WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and the WD Drive Utilities.

WD Test Results Failed 01

In fact the Drive’s file format had turned raw and I couldn’t access my files any longer. It took me a considerable amount of time to find a way to regain access to the Drive in order to restore my Data.

Once I restored my Data, not all of them, I performed an erase drive on the Drive using the WD Drive Utilities. Once the drive’s format was completed, the Drive has lost it’s smart status and also the Password protection feature. But oddly enough this time the Drive passed both the quick and extended (complete) test, but as I mentioned, the smart status failed.

So my question the the WD Community here is, how do I restore the smart status and password protection for my passport?

I remember once I had the previous problem and created a post in this community, nobody responded. Hopefully this time will be different.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

With Regards,