How do I restore my HD

What is the correct procedure to reset my HD that is used in the Q-SEE DVR/NDVR

I LOST MY PASSWORD TO MY Q-SEE NDVR 426 HOW DO I FACTORY REST THE HD , I CANT ACCESS ANYTHING ON MY DVR SECURITY SYSTEM BECAUSE OF MY PASSWORD PLEASE HELP

`

WD AV-GP drives don’t have passwords.

So I think your question is for Q-See, not WD.

ITS NOT QSEE HARD DRIVE. THE HARD DRIVE IS A WD INTERNAL HD. I JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO A FACTORY RESET ON IT .**[quote=“TonyPh12345, post:2, topic:229180, full:true”]

**[quote=“TonyPh12345, post:2, topic:229180, full:true”]

[/quote]

There’s no such thing as a “factory reset” on a hard drive of this type.

The hard drive doesn’t have a password.

If the DVR is asking for a password, you need to ask Q-SEE how to get past that. There’s nothing we can do here.

If you’re needing to REFORMAT the hard drive, the DVR should be able to do that itself, or should at least have documentation indicating what format and file system is expected.

I remember the computers we had back in the 80’ when I was in Elementary School the ones that were so big and heavy they had to from room to room on a carts and of course the lol cells phones the one with a cord that had a purse like carry case and the outrageously sized cell phone . It’s crazy how slow and maybe handful of things could done expecically compared to present time since computers do everything now like , smart meters for our utilities…(water,electric,gas) our houses with smart appliance’s , HVAC,lights ,security systems and all the smart watches phones and smart cars, ALL COMPUTERS … BUT YOUR TELLING ME THAT THIS HD CANT BE RESET AND THAT THE HD THAT ALREADY HAD A DEFAULT PW 123456 THAT I CHANGED A FEW YEARS AGO , AND NOW I CANT REMEMBER IT BTW I DID CALL QSEE NO HELP AT ALL SUPPORT CENTER THEY TOLD ME TO ASK WD. AND THERE IS A WAY TO RESET OR RESTORE EVERYTHING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY ALOT OF US JUST DONT RELIZE IT IT STARTED WITH A LIL BUTTON BACK IN THE BEGINNING OF COMPUTERS … ESC NOW ON MOST NOTEBOOK ITS PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON 5 TO 15 SECS AND ITS DISCONNECT THE HD AND REMOVE THE BACK UP BATTERY FOR 6 HOURS OR SO FOR MAJORITY OF STUFF …

Truth is the only reason I’m having to deal with this is because the whole time my dad was explaining it to me a few years ago all I heard was blah blah blah and I know he is looking down from Heaven lol at me saying maybe I should have learned the blah blah blah language

So plug the HD into your PC. Does your PC ask for a password to unlock the drive? If so, either you or the DVR itself set the ATA password.

And no, there’s no simple button to press to reset the password. You’ll need to search online for a tool that will work with that drive. WD does not offer such software online.

If it’s NOT the ATA password, it’s the Q-See.

That’s astonishing. I spent three minutes in Google and found this:

which points to their website which gives instructions on resetting the password:

https://qsee.custhelp.com/#/answer?a_id=2574

I fixed it with a code … …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.